Wednesday, June 18, 2008

First Cuspid

Louise is getting her first cuspid- top right- and yowza, it seems really painful. This one is worse than any of the molars. At night Louise wakes up screaming when her Motrin wears off. I'm not the kind of mom who wants to load her kid up with painkillers, but if I don't give her Motrin all day she loses it. We tried Hylands homeopathic tablets yesterday but they barely put a dent in her grouchiness/clinginess/pitifulness (yeah, yeah, I know those aren't real words). I hope the other 2 cuspids start coming in soon, too so that this doesn't drag out for too long.
After these cuspids she'll be getting her 2 year molars and that's that for primary teeth.
Does anyone know if getting your permanent teeth hurt this bad, too? I don't remember any pain or needing to chew on anything when I got mine. Just wondering...

1 comment:

Jim said...

As I remember it, little pain. The real challenge was how were you going to pull the loose tooth. Remember the string tied to the iron, a rock etc. And then the tooth fairy is born!!