I was holding Louise this morning when she called out for Daddy and reached over to him while he was making breakfast. She said very clearly "My Dada," which made Mike very proud of his little gal.
Promptly after being handed to Dada, she leaned far away from him and towards the counter, where Mike had been laying out freshly cooked bacon.
It seems as though the kiddo was smart enough to realise that a) Bacon is delicious and b) If I say "My Dada" they will totally fall for it and deliver me right to the source of the bacon!
It worked and she asked for more bacon all morning. We gave her 2 pieces which she devoured, but limited it to that, telling her that too much bacon makes your tummy hurt.
It's funny how we are always looking out for her health and tummy happiness, while all the while sneaking more bacon for ourselves and pouring just a little bit too much maple syrup on our own pancakes.
Speaking of too much bacon, I need to go do some sit-ups.
1 comment:
Seems as though I remember a day, partaking of lunch at Goober's, that a child, who according to her mother, was just full and did not want the food prepared for her by her mother. I also remember that once a few french fries were placed in front of her, she devoured them and many more. She knows what she likes, including bacon.
Post a Comment