Here's a slow cooker recipe Louise and I like. It's easy, tasty, and the meal practically cooks by itself. I'm making it right now. It's from Parents magazine. Enjoy!
Easy Indian Stew
2tsp olive oil
¼ onion
2 Tbs. tomato paste
1 and ½ Tbs. curry
½ tsp. cinnamon
½ tsp. salt
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 Tbs. grated fresh ginger (I've used ginger powder before and it worked just fine)
1lb yellow split peas
6 c water
¾ lb. red bliss potatoes, quartered (optional)
2 c frozen peas
2 Tbs. coconut milk
Chopped fresh cilantro (optional)
In a saucepan, heat oil, then ad onion and cook for 3 minutes.
Stir in tomato paste, curry, cinnamon, salt, ginger, and garlic. Cook for 2 more minutes.
Transfer the mixture into a 3 to 4 quart slow cooker. Stir in the split peas, water, and potatoes (my cooker is only 3 quarts, so I omit the potatoes). Heat on low for 8-9 hours or high for about 4 hours (original recipe says high for 3-4 hours, but the peas always still seem too hard by then, so 4 hours usually does the trick.)
About 15 minutes before you are ready to serve, add the frozen peas and coconut milk.
Spoon into bowls and top with cilantro if desired.
No comments:
Post a Comment