Friday, February 20, 2009

Sick Days

Louise has some funk. I think it’s an itty bitty virus. She was groggy all day yesterday with a fever and had no appetite. I was prepared for vomiting and all sorts of flu like symptoms today but she seems much better instead. Seems like we may have dodged a bullet.
The bonus is that she was very snuggly yesterday and I got in LOTS of snuggle time. She even napped in her big girl bed twice because I snuggled in with her. And she slept in her big girl bed last night by herself. And loved it.
So, why, I wonder did she choose her crib today for nap? Actually, she went for the big girl bed for a while, but when she started feeling really sleepy she asked to go to her crib. She calls it her nest. As much as I am ready for her to go to her big girl bed (and get rid of the crib!) I think it’s very sweet that she chooses the familiar comfort of her crib.
So, here’s to sleeping off the funky virus in the crib. Sweet dreams, little pookie.

2 comments:

KP said...

Is this big girl bed a twin or toddler bed? O'Brien, as you know, just turned 6 and doesn't want to give up her toddler bed for a big one. Her younger brother will probably get a twin size bed before she does. I love how Weez calls it "the nest." It truly is.

teg said...

Her nest?! That is one of the cutest things I've ever heard.

I hope she's feeling better soon. Yucky things are going around down here, too.

Glad Weezie is slowly getting used to her big girl bed!