Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Uneven bars

This morning Louise and I watched some of last night's Olympic action while we waited for her friends to arrive for a playdate.

We caught a relay race with Michael Phelps where the USA team crushed the world record and all of the other teams. Louise sat completely engrossed watching the swimmers. She was very serious. I think she was worried about them. She favored the underwater shots but wasn't sure about the rest of it.

We also caught some women's gymnastics. After each vault, Louise would ask for more. She loved the little Chinese girls and their glitter and hair clips.

The first time she saw a girl on the uneven bars, she looked at me confused and said "Stuck?" She must have thought that poor little cute girl was stuck on the bars, flipping around like crazy trying to get unstuck!

I assured her that the girl was not stuck, and I told her that she did it for fun. We all know that isn't exactly true when you are an Olympic athelete, but that's what I'd like for her to belive for now anyway.

2 comments:

teg said...

Yes, I think Michael Phelps has managed to crush everyone in his wake (literally!) The 4x100 free relay was the most amazing race I've ever watched in my whole life. Hope you got to see that one, too! Looking forward to (hopefully) seeing you soon! xoxo T

M Fox said...

Lily loves the Chinese gymnasts too and now she wants to take gymnastic lessons. Watching Michael Phelps makes me want to swim (and eat 12,000 caleries a day!).