Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Navitat, the rest of the story

OK so Navitat is a new canopy tour-zipline company that just set up shop near Asheville. We have some friends who are investors. They invited us to preview the course last weekend. It will be open to the public next weekend. I didn't really know what these zipline canopy tours things were all about and that's probably a good thing because I may have been too chicken to take advantage of such a great opportunity.
The zipline experience is hard to relay in words. It was exhilarating, breathtaking, thrilling. Amazing. I'm so glad that I got a chance to have that opportunity. The tour lasted about 3 hours or so and included zips over 1000 feet long and over 200 feet above the ground. At times we reached speeds of 25-35 miles per hour. The views were spectacular. The course included a platform hop, a sky bridge (a second, much longer and higher sky bridge will be open by opening day), a spiral treehouse staircase, and ends with rappelling back to the earth.

A guide coming in for a landing.

The little sky bridge.


That's me!

1 comment:

M Fox said...

Wow! I saw the ad for Navitat on a billboard recently and wondered what it was about. How cool that you got to experience it first hand. Maybe I will get up the courage to go one day! Thx for sharing the photos. M