Sunday, August 19, 2007

Low Gap

Louise and I hit the road on Friday and drove to Low Gap to visit with Papa and Grandmommy. We've been in heaven enjoying the cool AC and pool. Louise is constantly entertained by the 2 dogs and 1 kitty cat. Papa and Grandmommy rock Louise in the rocking chair, hold her, play with her, and make her giggle.
I've gained about 5 pounds already from their good cooking.
Saturday we went to Mount Airy, the town that was the inspiration for Andy Griffith's Mayberry. We saw the old jail and squadcar, and we ate at Barney's Diner.
We've gone to pool everyday so far and everyday we have the whole pool to ourselves. The are great views everywhere and so far we've seen several deer, including a baby fawn, wild turkeys, geese, hummingbirds, pretty yellow finches, and a giant yellow and black spider. I'll try to post a photo of the spider if we can find a cord to download the pix.
We miss Mike, though, and I know he misses his little gal. We'll be heading home tomorrow.

1 comment:

Jim said...

Lowgap is lower since you and Louise went home. It was a great weekend, time to just concentrate on having some fun, which we did to the max. I am ready to provide serveral more renditions of "songs to sleep by" as we rock.

Papa