Sunday, August 14, 2011

For the Love of Todd

Went back to Todd, NC again last weekend - this time with friends - and without hubbies and kiddies. It was great! Above is an unmarked stone grave in a little mountain cemetery in Todd. I've visited this little cemetery for years and years with my family. It's an easy walk from Ma's cabin. It used to be overgrown and weedy, and my cousin Meredith and I used to say that when we grew up we would take care of it and eventually be buried here.

The view from Ma's deck. I saw a fox run across the grass right here. It was a red fox with a white tipped tail. It came from the right and dashed across the yard just below the fence and made it safely into the woods on the other side before I saw a little dog come through the woods chasing after it.

Pals Elena and Melissa, on said deck. We spent a lot of time here. The weather couldn't have been better. We even got a little Sunday morning drizzle.

A quaint barn on the way to Todd - near the Linville, I think. The quilt square was painted by a woman whose studio is just down the road from this barn. You can see a Christmas tree farm in the background - it's one of many in the area.

1 comment:

M Fox said...

It was an all-around wonderful weekend in Todd! Look forward to doing it again someday soon!